The Semantic Web is alive!
- URI: http://www.w3.org/2003/11/SWApplSurvey
- lists more than 50 applications in 12 categories ...
- and is already more than a years old!
- vocabularies for distributed Digital Libraries
- one of the first metadata vocabularies in RDF
- URI: http://www.dublincore.org
- extensions exist, eg, PRISM that includes digital right tracking
Web Content Syndication (RSS)
- can be used to specify the important content of a page
- there is a Yahoo discussion group and (non-W3C) working group
- URI: http://purl.org/rss/
- widely used in the weblog world!
- example: W3C home page syndicated
- Adobe's tool to add RDF-based metadata to all their file formats
(eg, Photoshop in Creative Suite)
- millions of people use RDF without knowing it ...
- the tool is available for all!
- URI: http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/main.html